Ryan W. Collier
Ryan is an estate planning and probate attorney in Salem, Oregon. He is licensed to practice in both Washington and Oregon. His practice emphasizes advising clients on estate planning, probate and trust administration, and fiduciary liability. Ryan›s extensive background in financial planning is of significant value to his clients’ estate planning needs.
His clients seek to minimize potential estate taxes and pass on the maximum value of their estates to their children and grandchildren. Ryan’s clients receive the benefit of his extensive legal knowledge, privacy and security. Local attorneys and judges ranked Ryan exceptionally high, resulting in an AV Preeminent™ rating for his knowledge and experience in trusts and estates, general practice, and wills and probate – the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell. Super Lawyers Magazine awarded Ryan with the Oregon Rising Star in 2010 and 2011, an honor given to less than five percent of Oregon attorneys.
Ryan is an avid volunteer and supporter of the Salem community. In 2010, the Statesman Journal Media selected Ryan as one of the “Top 20 under 40.” This annual award is presented to individuals making a difference in the Salem community. Ryan was also recognized by the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce as the 2009 Outstanding Young Professional. He has served over 11 years on the board of directors for Salem Leadership Foundation, a faith-based organization that brings people of faith and people of good-will together to make Salem the best community in Oregon. For five of those years, he served as their president. Ryan is a 2006 graduate of Leadership Salem through the Salem Area Chamber of Commerce. He serves as the Board Chair for the Salem Foundation, a charitable community foundation that makes grants to area nonprofits. He also volunteers as a leader for his children’s Boy Scout groups and serves on the Boy Scouts of America Cascade Pacific Council Advisory Board. The Boy Scouts has awarded Ryan the District Award of Merit for Extraordinary service to youth. Ryan cherishes his time with his wife, Holly, and their three teenage sons. He loves the outdoors and appreciates the many wonderful partnerships that make the Salem community strong and vibrant.
Education and Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Oregon, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Western Washington, 1999
- Washington State Bar, 1998
- Oregon State Bar, 1997
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, JD, 1997
- University of Puget Sound, BA, Dual Major: Communication and Government, 1993
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Willamette University College of Law, “Will and Trust Drafting,” 2011 to present
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 19, Assistant Scoutmaster, 2009 to present
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, Executive Leadership Council, 2008 to present
- Boy Scouts of America, Board Member, Cascade Pacific Council, 2006-present
- Chair Distribution Committee, Salem Foundation (charitable organization), 2004-2014
- President, Salem Leadership Foundation 2004-2008, 2011-2012; Board Member, 2000 to present
- Salem Area Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Salem, Class of 2004-2006
- President, Marion County Bar Association 2008; Board Member, 2003-2009
- Co-Chair, Campaign for Equal Justice (Marion-Polk Counties), 2003-2005
- Board Member, Willamette Valley Estate Planning Counsel, 2003-2006
- Boy Scouts of America, Pack 122, Cub Master 2003-2005; Den Leader, 2001-2005
- General Counsel, A.C. Gilbert’s Discovery Village, 2001-2008
- Mentor, Willamette University College of Law Mentor Program, 1997 to present